Our Policies outline how we will work at RFL while our procedures detail the actions, which we will take to carry out our policies. We are required by law to have certain policies, and this will be checked by Ofsted.
Our staff will all have read and signed each policy and procedure. All policies and procedures are available to parents, staff, and visitors. Each policy and procedure will be reviewed annually.
At RFL we believe policies and procedures are a useful tool to running a successful and happy setting because:
• They help staff to know what is expected of them.
• They set guidelines to help staff when making decisions.
• They help create consistency in the setting.
• They allow us to demonstrate an interest in treating all staff and children equally and fairly.
• They put in place a clear method for dealing with complaints.
• They provide the means of clearly communicating information to new staff and parents.
• They help us to comply with legislation and to show that we are doing so.